Effective August 15, 2016, the Housing Authority of the City of Carrollton (CHA) will close its Public Housing Program waiting list due to excessive wait times. During this period the CHA will no longer be accepting applications for the Public Housing Program, but will continue to process previously submitted applications. The waiting list will reopen when CHA determines that the average wait time for housing has reached an acceptable level. The public will be notified through newspaper advertisement, as well as, on this website.
The Housing Authority of the City of Carrollton (CHA) meets the needs of individuals and families searching for affordable rental options. However, it is important to note that we are unable to provide emergency housing assistance. Once an applicant family has applied for the Public Housing Program and is determined eligible, they will be placed on the waiting list for a housing unit.
APPLYING FOR A HOUSING UNIT
We accept applications for housing year round; however, we do have a waiting list. The non-site specific waiting list is organized by bedroom size. Our waiting list will only be closed in accordance with CHA policies and procedures, which allow for public notification.
*** Please be advised that the CHA reserves the right to close the waiting list at any time. ***
OBTAINING A PRE-APPLICATION
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you may obtain a preliminary application the following ways:
- Visit our main office at 1 Roop Street Carrollton, Georgia 30117 to pick one up; or
- Call 770-834-2046 ext. 100 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday – Thursday and Fridays, 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., to have one mailed; or
- Click here to download a pre-application
Before completing your pre-application, please read over it carefully
- Pay close attention to all of the information and complete the application thoroughly.
- Be sure to report all preferences correctly. If your preferences are not reported correctly at the time of pre-application, it can delay processing your application.
- Answer all questions truthfully and to the best of your knowledge.
- Sign and date your application
SUBMITTING YOUR PRE-APPLICATION
Before submitting the pre-application, please review it carefully. Make sure you have done the following:
- Checked all necessary boxes accurately;
- Filled in all blanks and answered all questions correctly;
- Checked all preferences that apply to you; and,
- Signed and dated the form and that your signature is legible.
Once completed and signed, your pre-application may be returned to the CHA by hand-delivery only at the address listed below:
Housing Authority of the City of Carrollton
1 Roop Street
Carrollton, Georgia 30117
All pre-applications are date and time stamped when they are received in the office. Please note: Pre-applications that are illegible, unsigned, and/or incomplete will not be accepted. They will be returned to applicant for completion and resubmission.
The federal Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination in housing because of race, color, national origin, religion, familial status, gender, and disability. The Fair Housing Act ensures that all persons receive equal housing opportunity. For more information about the Fair Housing Act and your rights, go to www.hud.gov/offices/fheo.