Public Housing

The Public Housing Program provides decent, safe and sanitary housing for low income families. An eligible applicant will be placed in an apartment located in the city of Carrollton. The Carrollton Housing Authority has three developments, as follows: Griffin, Ingram, and Thomas Homes. These units are multifamily housing. The other two sites are Elder and Alabama Circle and are Elderly/disabled designated.


For more information, please contact Brandolynn Marenco at 770-834-2046 ex108 or via Email.

How do I apply?

Applications for housing are taken by appointment only. You can either download the pre-application below and then call for a appointment or a pre-application may be retrieved at our main office location, located at 1 Roop Street in Carrollton. Once an application has been received applicants must call the office to schedule an interview appointment. **Please note that interview appointments are only taken by phone during the first working day of each month.** At the time of the interview you must bring your completed pre-application, all proof of family income (including public assistance), birth certificates for all family members, picture IDs for all family members that are 18 and older, and social security cards for all family members. You must also provide the last five (5) years housing history, if applicable. Additionally, criminal history and credit checks are processed on each family member over the age of 18.

Download the Public Housing Application


Providing information

When completing the application, it must be filled out with correct information.  Failure to do so could result in your application being denied.  You must give names, addresses, and telephone numbers of former landlords.  Without this information, your application can not be accepted for processing.

Being determined eligible

Once you are determined eligible, you will receive a letter.  When your name is next on the waiting list, you will be offered up to three units to view and choose from.  Once you decide on your unit, you will complete the paper process of moving into the unit and receive keys.  A Security Deposit of $150.00 is required.

About the units

Every unit is inspected annually and preventive maintenance is also conducted.  All units are furnished with a stove and refrigerator.  Some units are equipped with washing machine connections.  Lawn maintenance is done regularly during the spring, summer and fall months.  The utilities provided in the rental agreement are water, sewer, and garbage. Tenant is responsible for gas and electricity.

What are my responsibilities as a resident of public housing?

  1. Pay your rent on time.  It is due on the first of every month.
  2. Report any maintenance problems immediately.  If a problem occurs during regular business hours, call 770-834-2046 ext 300.  If the problem occurs after hours and is an emergency, call 1-888-221-1713 and leave your name, address and description of the problem.
  3. Do not disturb your neighbors.
  4. Do not participate in illegal activities.
  5. Keep your home in decent, safe and sanitary condition.
  6. No pets are allowed, unless a non refundable pet deposit is made with management.
  7. Report, in writing, any changes in family composition and income in a timely manner.

For the Public Housing Brochure, click here.